Others call it ‘Networking.’ We call it ‘Connecting.’ Find out the 7 rules of connecting.
Know why you are contacting a person and how they can help you.
- Make a powerful first impression.
- Learn something from every contact.
- Get two referrals from every contact.
- Contact every new referral you receive
- Send a ‘thank you’ note to every person you contact.
- Keep an accurate list of follow-up activities
Don’t limit yourself by asking only about employment; ask for information and ideas as well.
Return calls and send correspondence, résumés, or other information as promised.
- Plan your activities – practice your approach •Set goals – document – thank your contact •Follow-up – remain positive •Offer to assist others •Connect for relationships, not a job.