Organizing Your Job Search
Why is organizing your job search so important?
When you lose your job, the first thing you lose is your daily structure. Along with that, you also lose track of time. Please log in to your account to view this content. As a registered user, you can listen to a podcast and get access to step-by-step instructions on how to organize your job search.
Click below to listen or download the podcast.
- Create a new folder on your computer and label it “JOB SEARCH”
- Create an Excel tracking sheet for your job search activities. (Click Application-Tracking to download a sample)
- Create separate folders for each job applied
- Name the folder with the name of the company and job – Example: abc-accountant
- Save a copy of the job description in the folder
- Save a copy of the resume you wrote for that position
- Save the resume in .doc and .txt format
- More on this in the resume segment